DuPont launches DuPont™ Plantex® RootProtector, the most efficient water-permeable root barrier in the market.
Ideal for horizontal installations such as cycle tracks, green roofs and forest trails, this root barrier that is backed with the expertise and the unique DuPont technology, completes the range of Plantex® landscaping solutions.
Better root resistance compared to other water permeable solutions on the market
- No perforations of the membrane after the extensive tests carried out in accordance with CEN/TS14416: usually used to determine resistance to root penetration.
- No root perforation on DuPont™ Plantex® RootProtector after greenhouse tests during one year against fast-growing roots.
Easy to install in a large range of applications
- An easy to shape solution, DuPont™ Plantex® RootProtector will fit perfectly to the shape of excavated trenches and ditches.
- Root protector is available in widths up to 5.2 m to cover extensive areas with a minimum number of joints.
An improved water & nutrients supply allows for a harmonious development of all root system architecture.
- The water permeability of our membrane ensures a free flow of water in the soil avoiding hydrostatic pressure issues & poor load resistance in wet areas.
- In infrastructure bases, an appropriate drainage will help to maintain a long-term bearing capacity, for an increased lifespan of the construction.
- Maintaining adequate soil water content helps improve the stability of sloped infrastructures and the built environment in general.
A High Performance Solution, expertise honed over 40 years
- The unique structured DuPont™ Plantex® RootProtector has been rigorously tested to ensure unrivaled performance and far exceeds the alternative perforated or needle punched solutions that are available today.
- To guarantee its authenticity, DuPont™ Plantex® RootProtector is printed at regular intervals on the fabric.
- Ideal for horizontal installations such as cycle tracks and forest trails.
- Urban plantation ditches.
- Shrub hedges.
- Suitable for work in humid conditions.
- Green roofs.
For critical applications such as protecting buried linear networks or where plants have rhizome systems, the use of DuPont™ Plantex® RootBarrier, impermeable root barrier is recommended.
Avoid any contact with herbicides or pesticides.