Applicable for lightweight, lower-risk medical device packaging
New Tyvek® 40L offers a lighter weight Tyvek® that's cost effective for protecting lightweight, lower-risk devices. All in a clean peel, low particulate generating material—that's compatible with most major sterilization methods.
The addition of Tyvek® 40L to the family of Tyvek® styles for medical packaging provides an economical and robust Tyvek® option for applications where medical-grade papers are used.
With many of the properties that made Tyvek® a preferred medical packaging material, new Tyvek® 40L offers a new class of Tyvek® that's a cost-effective option for protecting lightweight, lower-risk devices.
• Economical option for lightweight, lower-risk devices
• Reliable protective properties—even after sterilization
• Protects package integrity from product breakthrough inside and rough handling outside
• Maintains sterility until point of use—even under rigorous conditions
• Minimizes risk of device contamination when packages are opened or handled
• Compatibility with most major sterilization methods; excellent performance with ethylene oxide (EO) and gamma radiation sterilization
• Puncture and tear resistance during handling and transportation—even in high humidity
• Strength to resist tearing when opening
• Clean peel
• Low particulate generation
Tyvek® 40L can be used for a wide range of applications including:
• Drapes and gowns
• Surgical gloves