Proven Engineering Thermoplastics for Your Toughest Challenges
DuPont thermoplastics offer high-quality performance materials, backed by a skilled global team focused on collaborative application development.
DuPont is working with customers to make thermoplastics better. From better products and processes to better business and social outcomes, DuPont performance materials and applications resources are focused on making things better at every point in the value chain.
Whether the challenge is durability, stiffness, workability, finish or strength, our broad range of thermoplastics support design freedom, without sacrificing performance. And our application resources are equally mindful of performance, timing and cost-effectiveness with each project, in industries from automotive to electronics, consumer goods to industrial markets.
Wherever you have engineering, molding or manufacturing operations, DuPont is ready to help, with locally based technical support in 65 countries and production/compounding sites strategically placed in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Medical Device Materials
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Thermoplastic Tubing and Elastomeric Hose
- Plastics For Sporting Goods
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
Hytrel® for Medical Tubing
Hytrel® fulfills plastic medical tubing requirements for flexibility, compliance with purity standards, toughness & resistance to flex fatigue, to a wide range of chemicals, and to traditional medical sterilization procedures.
- Headlight bezels made from Crastin®
- Protecting Drivers With Zytel® RS
- Durable Rail Pads for Freight Lines
- Cost-effective photovoltaic junction box housings
- High Flex Cable for Bridges
- Office Seating Uses Flexible Plastic
- Zytel® HTN for Electronic Devices
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- X-Ray and Metal Detectable Plastic Resins
- Vehicle Safety Solutions
- Alternative Drive Vehicles
Plastics for Medical Devices
DuPont Performance Polymers offers a portfolio of Special Control (SC) and Premium Control (PC) grades of plastic. These grades are used in the manufacturing of components across various healthcare segments.
- Flame Retardant Polymers
Zytel® PLUS Performance Data
Zytel® PLUS nylon has the ability to retain properties after heat aging or long term exposure to hot oil and hot water, allows longer part service time, better reliability, and invites more opportunity to replace costly metals or specialty polymers to reduce part cost and lower mass.
DuPont Plastic Design Guide
From material selection to tolerances, the Plastic Design Guide details 10 top tips for effective design, efficient production, and successful products.
- Vehicle Weight Reduction
- Vehicle Design Options Multiplied
PA long chain nylon alternatives
DuPont has been working on PA12 alternatives and has established global development and supply teams to work with customers to quickly qualify alternative materials for use in many automotive and industrial components.
Powerplant Coolant Systems
PPA materials offer great resistance to hydrolysis and moisture and they are relied upon for cost effective applications such as water inlets/outlets, thermostat housings, water pumps and impellers
- Engineering Materials for Electronic Devices