Polymer Adhesives Keep it all Together
DuPont polymers are often chosen to help stick things together … including other polymers. Polymer adhesives from DuPont are scientifically developed for stronger hold, faster sealing, cleaner peel, or easier coating onto a substrate.
DuPont resins are developed for reliable performance in high-speed laminating or product assembly lines. Some also are found in consumer-level adhesives and hot melts.
DuPont supports leading adhesives formulators, compounders and packaging converters worldwide by providing specialized processing or adhesion properties for specific uses.
Adhesion solutions include:
• self-adhesive heat-seal polymers for hermetic food packaging
• scientifically controlled adhesive polymers for easy-open packaging
• solar panel encapsulants and glass laminating interlayers
• polymer-to-polymer adhesives and “tie layers” for coextrusion
• extrusion-coating adhesives for paper, foil, etc.
• ingredients in white glues, hot melt adhesives, and wax blends
• coupling agents for filled polymers
• binders for paper and textile manufacturing
• peelable and tamper-evident adhesives for lidding
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.