DuPont™ Tyvek® Classic Plus Coveralls – the Best of Both Worlds
DuPont™ Tyvek® Classic Plus garments (model CHA5a) combine the performance of a Type 4 coverall with the durability, protection and comfort of a Tyvek® suit.
Tyvek® Classic Plus is made of Tyvek®, but the coveralls offer the added benefit of protective design features and over-taped seams. They help provide an effective barrier against many water-based inorganic chemicals in low concentration, small sized hazardous particles and biological hazards. These coveralls are ideal for occupations that require effective whole suit protection offered by a Type 4 suit because they are exposed to heavy liquid aerosols or toxic airborne solid particulates. Yet, being robust and breathable they help offer an ideal balance of chemical, particulate protection and comfort.
Recent update: new packaging for an improved garment
Enhanced design for increased flexibility and comfort
- Improved garment fit: extra flexibility and freedom of movement
- New hood design: optimised to fit the contours of the face, ensuring fewer leakage points during head movement
- Larger zipper puller: much easier to grasp when wearing gloves.
- Certified to latest European Standards: including the Type 4 spray test, which is 3x more stringent than its predecessor
New packaging: Informative and educational
New name and model references: to reflect the product changes
Product Data Sheets (7)
Additional Information (22)
- CE Certificate Tyvek® Classic Plus (PDF)
- CE Certificate Tyvek® Classic Plus with Socks (PDF)
- CE Certificate Tyvek® Classic Plus green (PDF)
- DoC Tyvek® Classic Plus (PDF)
- DoC Tyvek® Classic Plus green (PDF)
- DoC Tyvek® Classic Plus with Socks (PDF)
- DuPont Personal Protection solutions (PDF)
- Permeation Guide (PDF)
- Protective clothing for paint application (PDF)
- Garment Selection Guide (PDF)
- Biological Protection Guide (PDF)
- Contamination Control Guide (PDF)
- Working in Ex-Zones (PDF)
- PPE for Handling Cytostatics (PDF)
- PPE for Nuclear Industry (PDF)
- Protection against Infection (PDF)
- Protective Clothing for Automotive Paint Application (PDF)
- Protective Clothing for the Food Industry (PDF)
- Protective Clothing for the Oil and Gas Industry (PDF)
- Protection against H1N1 (PDF)
- Protection against Avian Flu (PDF)
- Protective Clothing for the Agricultural Industry (PDF)
DuPont trains Fleet Street broadcasting and print media news teams for the possibility of a flu pandemic or other biohazard emergency.
UKAEA uses DuPont Personal Protection expertise to provide a solution for its specific protective clothing needs.
For over 40 years, DuPont has worked with emergency services the world over to help provide protective clothing solutions, e.g. at crime scenes.
Purchasing Managers from the French Groupe Ledoux explain why they selected Tyvek® coveralls to protect their workforce.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
DuPont introduces Professor Victor Tytonius, the cyber scientist who specialises in worker protection and chemical protective clothing and materials.
Dusseldorf, 5 November 2013. DuPont, specialists in innovative body protection, is introducing at A+A 2013 a new Tychem® coverall that provides a new alternative for workers seeking safe and comfortable protection in more demanding applications.
At A+A, DuPont will present new Type 3 chemical suits from its DuPont™ Tyvek® and DuPont™ Tychem® portfolios as well as innovative heat & flame and arc protective solutions made with DuPont™ Nomex®
Touch any garment from the comprehensive DuPont ™ Tyvek® product range and you immediately notice the difference. Antistatically-treated Tyvek® is a unique and versatile material that is tough and exceptionally low-linting, yet extremely light and soft. It is permeable to air and water vapour, yet repels water-based liquids and aerosols, as well as fine particles and fibres.
The Ebola crisis and the escalating fight against untreatable bacterial and viral diseases show no signs of abating and point towards a new level of risk for paramedics and other emergency responders.
Workers can be exposed to a multitude of hazards, from chemicals, dusts, radioactive particles, fibres, dioxins and lubricants, to biological and phytosanitary substances. DuPont assists safety managers in making their PPE selection and provides excellent chemical protective garments.
Learn more about the correct procedures for the donning and doffing of personal protective coveralls.
There are multiple protection needs to consider when choosing chemical protective garments. Performing a thorough workplace risk assessment is essential to selecting safe, comfortable and compliant chemical protective clothing for industrial workers.
DuPont provides excellent garments for workers that may be exposed to a multitude of chemical hazards and helps customers to address their needs. Precisely understanding work-related hazards assists safety managers in making their selection from a wide range of PPE products.
Online training provided by DuPont Personal Protection to assist you in choosing your Type 4 chemical protective coverall.