DuPont™ Tychem® garments for lightweight protection from chemical and biological hazards.
Not all deadly threats come in the form of fires or weapons. For comprehensive protection against low levels of dangerous chemicals, to toxic gases and biological hazards, industrial workers rely on garments made of DuPont™ Tychem®.
Tychem® is an innovative fabric range comprising multiple barrier layers that help provide protection from chemical and biological hazards. Laminated to Tyvek® for strength, it offers a robust solution with a high level of chemical barrier at uncharacteristically low weight.
Tychem® is available in the following garment families:
New, Tychem® 4000 S garments utilise a film laminated to Tyvek® fabric to achieve a barrier to permeation by a range of highly concentrated inorganic and some organic chemicals. Designed for both manoeuvrability and comfort for enhanced wearer acceptance.
Tychem® 6000 F garments, also comprising a film laminated to Tyvek®, offer the broadest chemical barrier, helping to protect personnel against numerous toxic industrial organic chemicals, highly concentrated inorganic chemicals (even pressurised), particulates, biohazards and chemical warfare agents.
Tychem® 6000 FR ThermoPro: DuPont faced the challenge of multiple protection need against chemical heat & flame and electric arc hazards, combining its proven technologies Tychem® and Nomex® into a new single layer protective garment.
Tychem® 6000 FR ThermoPro sets a new standard for some of the high risk environments, providing 360° triple hazard protection from liquid-chemical splash, flash fire and electric arc.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Chemical Protection
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Oil and Gas Personal Protective Equipment
- Chemical and Biological Hazard Protection
- Industrial Safety
- Chemical Protection for Military and Police
- Decontamination and Remediation
- Industrial Cleaning Services
- Paint Personal Protective Equipment
- Nuclear Protective Clothing
- Personal Protection in Agriculture
- Personal Protection in the Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- Dow's Stade chemical site has been using DuPont Personal Protection chemical protection garments for over ten years
Altona Ambulance Service Uses Tychem® F to Protect from Pathogens
Altona Ambulance Service turns to Tychem® F as a bio-barrier against highly contagious pathogens.
Rohm and Haas facilitates Employee Safety with DuPont Personal Protection
Rohm and Haas, a global leader in specialty materials, appoints DuPont to provide protection expertise at its 70 hectare site in Alsace, France.
DuPont Trains Fleet Street News Crews in Biohazard Protection
DuPont trains Fleet Street broadcasting and print media news teams for the possibility of a flu pandemic or other biohazard emergency.
Crime Scene Protection with DuPont Tyvek®
For over 40 years, DuPont has worked with emergency services the world over to help provide protective clothing solutions, e.g. at crime scenes.
- Cheers DuPont! Malteurop toasts a better approach to worker safety
- Merck protecting staff with new DuPont™ Tychem® 6000 F FaceSeal chemical protective garment
- Fire Brigade Tests Tychem® TK Fully Encapsulating Suit from DuPont
At Toulouse-Blagnac, AIRBUS uses DuPont Tyvek®/Tychem® coveralls to help protect workers during paint spraying, aircraft maintenance and inspections.