DuPont™ Kevlar® ACV – Effective Vehicle Protection Ballistic Material
With increasing threats, serious injuries, and fatalities for police and military during transport, improving vehicle protection is one of the key ways of keeping personnel safe. DuPont™ Kevlar® ACV is a thermoplastic ballistic liner solution that helps provide additional protection for armoured vehicles by shielding those inside from bullets and fragments.
The internal vehicle liner that combines full thermal compliance with commercial vehicle requirements and excellent ballistic performance, Kevlar® ACV helps provide lightweight solutions that can be shaped to fit the tightest of corners. When a vehicle becomes a target, DuPont™ Kevlar® ACV helps add the following protection:
- High ballistic performance increasing survivability in combat
- Low back face deformation and reduced edge effects even at elevated temperatures
- Resistance to extremes of temperature encountered in vehicle liners (–50°C to 120°C)
- Lightweight ballistic solutions allowing vehicle performance to be maintained
- Availability as a pre-laminated rolled-good in 1.30m
- No volatile organic content (VOC) emission
- Extra-long shelf-life
- Easy to process using standard thermoplastic composite processing methods
- Can be formed into complex shapes to cover angles and increase internal vehicle coverage
- Easy to install, integrate and bond
- User-friendly solution helping to improve overall vehicle protection
When it comes to safety against threats like organised crime or terrorism, you need durable vehicle protection you can count on. Kevlar® ACV technology is a very effective thermoplastic resin composite for use as a defensive hard-armour layer in various vehicles. Lightweight, shapeable and thermal resistant, it helps provide reliable protection from blasts, shrapnel and bullets.