DuPont™ Kevlar® Prepreg HPP – Efficient Ballistic Protection
The logistical task of providing forces with the right protection equipment is a challenge that requires a prompt, flexible, effective response. Combining the ballistic properties of DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fibre with phenolic resin, Kevlar® Prepreg HPP is a high performance material for helmet applications, helping to offer ballistic protection in the toughest of environments. With additional manufacturing benefits such as minimal wastage and enhanced productivity, Kevlar® HPP is a very efficient and cost-effective solution that helps provide:
- Excellent ballistic performance for protection against projectiles and fragments
- Incorporation of Kevlar® high tenacity K129 fibres for lightweight ballistic solutions
- Outstanding FST performances
- Proven durability in service
- Low consolidation pressures and no mold thermal cycling required
- High rate of productivity bringing cost benefits, particularly for large tenders
- Easy to manufacture, convenient, cost-effective solution
Developed by DuPont, a science company creating sustainable solutions. DuPont™ Kevlar® Prepreg HPP combines high tenacity Kevlar® K129 fibres with PVB phenolic resin, giving the material its strength and flexibility.
DuPont has over two centuries of experience in providing military forces with critical materials. Our cutting edge technologies and materials continue to help provide leading edge protection for military personnel all over the world including military armour made with DuPont™ Kevlar® fibre.