Better, Stronger and Safer with Kevlar® Fiber
It’s about daring bigger, pushing limits, being courageous, and helping keep people safe —DuPont™ Kevlar®.
DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber allows people to Dare Bigger. It’s used to make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and cut resistant. It’s lightweight, durable and extraordinarily strong. Yes, it’s best known for its use in ballistic and stab-resistant body armor, as Kevlar® brand aramid fiber continues to evolve and allow heroes to be heroes. But it’s also on the ski slopes, the switchback trails, in demanding desert terrain, even the outer limits of space.
Invented over 50 years ago, DuPont™ Kevlar® continues to take on new challenges, with our scientists continuously innovating and working on a range of new opportunities through collaborations with communities, industrial manufacturers, and governments. Together we’re bringing the strength, durability and performance of Kevlar® to new frontiers. Kevlar® aramid fiber is pushing boundaries and defying obstacles every day. Kevlar® is allowing everyone to Dare Bigger™.
DuPont Announces Winners of the 2018 DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
Annual Distinction Recognizes Advances in Protective Gloves Made with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont Announces Winners of the 2017 DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- First DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards at Expoprotection 2016
- DuPont Protection Solutions, Matching Performance to Threats with Enhanced DuPont™ Kevlar® XP and XD Technology Platforms
- DuPont Protection Technologies Announces 2015 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
Techplast - Kevlar® Innovation Award
DuPont is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards. This year’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) award was bestowed to Techplast, a company based in Poland, for their innovative use of Kevlar® in SAFER® ultra-light composite cylinders.
- DuPont and Reebok Collaborate on New Reebok CrossFit® Collection
- DuPont Protection Technologies and adidas Sign Trademark License Agreement
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- DuPont Announces Millionth Vest Made with DuPont™ Kevlar® XP™
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Reebok® Crossfit® Gear made with Kevlar®
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Industrial Safety
- Military Body Armour
- Vehicle Armour
- Ballistic Helmets
- Automotive Components
- Automotive Hoses
- Belts Made of DuPont™ Kevlar®
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Kevlar® Fibers
- Industrial Gloves made with Kevlar®
- Nomex® & Kevlar® Firefighter Apparel
- Kevlar® Cut Technology
- Kevlar® Armor Technology
- Kevlar® Clean Technology
- Kevlar® XP Technology for Soft Armour
- Nomex® IIIA
- Kevlar® ACV
- Kevlar® Phenolic Prepreg HPA – Efficient Ballistic Protection
- Kevlar® Phenolic Prepreg HPP – Efficient Ballistic Protection
- Nomex® MTP
DuPont and Paul Boyé Technologies, Partners in Quality
To meet the requirements of the French Ministry of Defence, French manufacturer of uniforms, combat gear and PPE Paul Boyé Technologies chose the latest innovation developed by DuPont: Kevlar® Impact Control (IC) 600D.
Centigon Armours Vehicles with Kevlar®
Centigon, the global leader in vehicle armouring, uses the aramid fibre DuPont™ Kevlar® for new armoured vehicle programmes with Renault Trucks, Land Rover and Jaguar.
Aegis Designs Vest for the Humanitarian Sector Using Kevlar® XP
Aegis, the body amour specialist, has designed a vest specifically to address the needs of the humanitarian sector. It incorporates the renowned fibre Kevlar® XP made by DuPont and provides tactical, overt protection.
New Search & Rescue Safety Glove from SEIZ
60,000 members of THW Technisches Hilfswerk (German Urban Search and Rescue Association) are better protected thanks to the new safety glove manufactured by SEIZ that incorporates DuPont™ Kevlar® and DuPont™ Nomex® fibres.
Kutting UK Offshore Oil & Gas Hoses
Kutting UK Ltd., a leader in the manufacture of thermoplastic high pressure hoses for the offshore oil and gas industry, recently decided to switch all its aramid-based products to DuPont™ Kevlar® brand fibre, helping their company to develop the next generation of very-high-working-pressure-, high-temperature- and high-collapse-resistant hoses demanded by the industry.
Dunlop Sport Maxx® TT with Kevlar®
Using DuPont™ Kevlar® Engineered Elastomer (EE) in the complete apex of the new Dunlop SP Sport Maxx® TT tyre represents a breakthrough in tyre technology.