Getting the most out of your DuPont™ SX® Herbicides
To get the best out of your herbicides this spring, follow these simple guidelines:
Choose DuPont™ SX® Herbicides
DuPont™ SX® Sulfonyl-urea (SU) herbicides are proven to work better than older formulations, especially under marginal conditions.
Maintain product use rates
Herbicide use rates often decline as agronomists learn to get the most out of the products. In many cases however, herbicides are being applied at sub-optimal rates. Ally® Max SX® has seen its average use rate decline to 60% of full label rates. This will not control large poppies for example.
Maintain high use rates, apply a minimum of 75% label rates.
Always tank-mix with other modes of action
As a precaution against the development of herbicide resistance and to improve control of a wider range of weeds, do not rely on the SU herbicide alone. Always tank-mix SU’s with herbicides of a different mode of action, such as MCPA, CMPP, Fluroxypyr or Bromoxynil.
Target Small Actively Growing Weeds
Target small, actively growing weeds where possible. Leaving weed control until later, when plants are larger may mean less consistent results.
Avoid spraying in cold, dry conditions
The ideal environmental conditions for maximum SU activity are warm temperatures, with plenty of soil moisture. DuPont™ SX® herbicides have been shown to work better than older formulations when conditions are challenging.
Why you can rely on DuPont™ SX® herbicides:
- Over 30 years of manufacturing experience making SU’s in our dedicated manufacturing plants.
- We manufacture and formulate all our SU’s and each batch is tested to ensure it meets FAO specification before it leaves our factory.
- The widest range of compatibilities and approved SU tank-mixes and sequences.
- Safer, faster washout procedure, less risk of washout issues with the Sx formulation.
- Full product back-up from an R+D manufacturer.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Use plant protection products safely. Always refer to the product labels for complete details and directions for use.