Durable Protection for Rainscreen Cladding Systems
Where there is a risk of moisture penetration through the insulation and internal layers, a protection membrane behind the insulation is advised.
Rainscreen cladding systems differ from other wall constructions, as although the membrane is still fixed directly to the structure, it is situated behind the insulation. The material to specify is dependant on the risk of condensation at this interface, determined in the main by the temperature.
Permanent protection for open and ventilated rainscreen cladding
Modern open and ventilated rainscreen claddings offer great design opportunities for architects and builders alike. Open and ventilated rainscreen cladding systems are constantly exposed to the elements, so it is essential to fit a secondary membrane that can protect the underlying structures long-term from air, moisture and UV radiation.
Developed specially for open-jointed rainscreen cladding systems, Tyvek® UV Facade is a protective membrane that bears the CE mark for these applications – your guarantee of full conformity with the rigorous EU directive for construction products.
Meeting the Ageing Test
To obtain its CE mark for open rainscreen cladding systems, Tyvek® UV Facade had to resist 5,000 hours of artificial ageing by exposure to UV radiation, followed by 90 days’ exposure to temperatures of 70°C. By comparison, CE requirements for standard wall/roof applications specify just 336 hours of UV exposure.
Tyvek® UV Facade is wind- and watertight, yet vapour-open. Designed for open and ventilated rainscreen cladding systems in timber, metal, stone and other materials, it is extremely lightweight, flexible and easy to install.
Together with DuPontTM AirGuard® Control, Smart or Reflective vapour control layers, Tyvek® membranes create a complementary building envelope solution that manages moisture, is suitable for rainscreen cladding systems, and supports optimal energy efficiency.
Our full range of DuPont tapes and accessories works seamlessly with all these products to help you achieve better seals – and even greater energy efficiency.
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap
Take building protection to the next level with Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap – a fire retardant membrane with the benefits of a Tyvek® breather membrane.
- Tyvek® e-Guard W1
Tyvek® Reflex is a heat reflective membrane that can help improve thermal efficiency in wall systems by reflecting 91% of radiant heat in summer, and reducing convective heat loss in winter.
Tyvek® Housewrap is a vapour-permeable breathable membrane for walls that provides moisture protection for timber, steel and concrete walls.
Tyvek® UV Facade
DuPont™ Tyvek® UV Facade provides optimum protection from UV, wind and moisture, and is a proven choice for use in open rainscreen cladding systems.
AirGuard® Reflective E
AVCL which boosts your thermal efficiency
DuPont™ AirGuard® Reflective is a low emissivity internal vapour barrier that combined with an airgap can enhance thermal comfort by reflecting up to 95% of radiant heat back into the building.
- Tyvek® AirGuard® Smart
DuPont™ AirGuard® Control is a tough, transparent vapour control barrier that improves airtightness by reducing convective heat loss and air leakage while also minimising the risk of condensation in roof and wall insulation.
- Tyvek® StructureGuard™
Tyvek® Double-sided Tape
DuPont™ Tyvek® Double-sided Tape is an advanced sealer tape that bonds all Tyvek® membranes to smooth surfaces, and seals membrane overlaps effectively.
Tyvek® Plastering Tape
A high performance airtight and moisture adaptive carrier tape that can be rendered. It seals difficult areas like windows, doors and timber to block connections – 1 product that fits application outside and inside.
Webinar: Design Air-tight, Condensation Free Buildings
With the trend towards greater energy efficiency in buildings, as driven by Building Regulations, air tightness plays a vital role in meeting these standards. While in the past little or no attention was paid to airtightness, in recent years it has come become clear how much air tightness can contribute to the energy balance of a building.
- AirGuard®: Vapour Control Layer Solutions
- Tyvek® Sealing Tape
- Tyvek® Breather Membrane Solutions
- New Tyvek® StructureGuard™ for optimum frame protection
- New Tyvek® FlexWrap EZ tape helps optimise airtightness and seal awkward areas
- Ingenious new Emergency Shelter System for humanitarian crises
- Energy-efficiency and reliable protection at Ben Wyvis Primary school
- DuPont™ Tyvek® protects the chemical laboratories of a University in Como, Italy
- Innovative concept of passive house protected by Tyvek® UV Facade
- USE Architects has transformed Mentmore Terrace in London’s Hackney
- Tyvek® UV Facade specified for the Malmaison Hotel, Aberdeen
- Tyvek® is an airtight investment for high-spec Eco Lodges
- The Brighton Waste House is now open
- Norwegian winter sports hotel provides rigorous test of the protective properties of Tyvek® UV Facade
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Tape selection guide
Find the right Tyvek® and AirGuard® tapes and adhesive accessories for your application with our selection guide.
- How to – Vapour control and vapour barrier installation
- How to - Install vapour control and vapour barrier membrane on down lights and ceiling hatches
- How to - Fixing the vapour barrier and vapour control membrane – timber, concrete and steelwork
- How to - Selecting the right vapour control and vapour barrier sealing tape for the job
- Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap gains BBA confirmation of its power to protect
Find here all the technical information about DuPont™ Tyvek® & DuPont™ AirGuard®.
- Free CPD Seminars
- Building In Energy Efficiency
Give Home Energy Efficiency a Boost
DuPont™ Tyvek® solutions can significantly improve home energy efficiency. The combination of low-emissivity, vapour-open Tyvek® Reflex and AirGuard® Reflective is particularly effective.
- Tyvek® UV Facade, now with both BBA and CE marking, is the advanced choice for open-jointed design
- Tyvek® offers unrestricted application when tested in accordance with BS5534:2014