How Tyvek® Protects High-Rise Buildings with Ventilated Facades
With its new, patented technology, DuPont™ Tyvek® FireCurb® breather membranes self-extinguish flames before they can propagate.
Tyvek® has long been chosen as a secondary protection layer against wind and water in steel frame and concrete wall systems. Now Tyvek® FireCurb® breather membranes provide the same proven performance – plus outstanding flame retardancy.
Developed in response to ever-stricter safety regulations for high-rise buildings with ventilated facades, these next-generation membranes self-extinguish flames when ignited, and actively help to stop fires from spreading. So by getting flames to die down in the first few minutes, they can play an important role in preventing a catastrophic chain reaction.
A single spark can be all it takes to destroy months of hard work on a building site. Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap offers patented protection from the moment you fit it, keeping people and high-rise buildings safer.
Patented Protection Up to Euroclass B
The patented technology in DuPontTM Tyvek® FireCurb® membranes permits a fire classification up to Euroclass B for free-hanging application or for installation on mineral wools. Very few products achieve this classification, which is second only to masonry in terms of fire resistance.
Minimal Environmental Impact
The halogen-free flame retardant coating of Tyvek® FireCurb® considerably limits the formation of droplets and reduces smoke – a significant benefit for people who are fleeing a burning building. The environmentally friendly special coating is manufactured in an energy efficient, solvent-free process that keeps emissions to a minimum too.
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap
Take building protection to the next level with Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap – a fire retardant membrane with the benefits of a Tyvek® breather membrane.
AirGuard® Reflective E
AVCL which boosts your thermal efficiency
DuPont™ AirGuard® Reflective is a low emissivity internal vapour barrier that combined with an airgap can enhance thermal comfort by reflecting up to 95% of radiant heat back into the building.
- Tyvek® AirGuard® Smart
DuPont™ AirGuard® Control is a tough, transparent vapour control barrier that improves airtightness by reducing convective heat loss and air leakage while also minimising the risk of condensation in roof and wall insulation.
Tyvek® Double-sided Tape
DuPont™ Tyvek® Double-sided Tape is an advanced sealer tape that bonds all Tyvek® membranes to smooth surfaces, and seals membrane overlaps effectively.
Tyvek® Plastering Tape
A high performance airtight and moisture adaptive carrier tape that can be rendered. It seals difficult areas like windows, doors and timber to block connections – 1 product that fits application outside and inside.
Tyvek® Butyl Tape
DuPont™ Tyvek® Butyl Tape provides a moisture- and airtight seal between Tyvek® breather membranes or AirGuard® AVCLs and a wide range of materials.
High performance airtight vapour control layer overlap tape, that is very flexible, hand-tearable with a very high tack that sticks on all smooth or rough surfaces such as PE films, spun-bond, wood or PVC.
An adhesive sealant for permanently elastic, airtight bonding of joints and structural connections as well as connections of vapour control layers to surfaces such as stone. It provides excellent adhesion to most surfaces such as stone, concrete, plaster, plasterboards and wood.
Transparent primer that is permanently tacky after curing and with very fast curing time.
- See how Tyvek® FireCurb® stops the spread of flames compared to regular products
- AirGuard®: Vapour Control Layer Solutions
Webinar: Design Air-tight, Condensation Free Buildings
With the trend towards greater energy efficiency in buildings, as driven by Building Regulations, air tightness plays a vital role in meeting these standards. While in the past little or no attention was paid to airtightness, in recent years it has come become clear how much air tightness can contribute to the energy balance of a building.
- Tyvek® Sealing Tape
- Tyvek® Breather Membrane Solutions
- More than Fabric First, Safety First: Multi-unit residential project by United Living benefits from DuPont™ Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap
- Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap enhances safety at shopping mall in Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
- DuPont™ Tyvek® FireCurb® contributes to safety at the new Museum of Fire in Poland
- Tyvek® FireCurb™ key to enhancing safety and sustainability at the new Lerkendal Hotel and Congress Centre
- Tyvek® FireCurb™ contributes to safety, protection and sustainability of Crumlin Children’s Hospital
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Tape selection guide
Find the right Tyvek® and AirGuard® tapes and adhesive accessories for your application with our selection guide.
- How to – Vapour control and vapour barrier installation
- How to - Install vapour control and vapour barrier membrane on down lights and ceiling hatches
- How to - Fixing the vapour barrier and vapour control membrane – timber, concrete and steelwork
- How to - Selecting the right vapour control and vapour barrier sealing tape for the job
- Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap gains BBA confirmation of its power to protect
- A New Standard in Flame Retardancy
- Tyvek® offers unrestricted application when tested in accordance with BS5534:2014
- Free CPD Seminars
- Building In Energy Efficiency
Give Home Energy Efficiency a Boost
DuPont™ Tyvek® solutions can significantly improve home energy efficiency. The combination of low-emissivity, vapour-open Tyvek® Reflex and AirGuard® Reflective is particularly effective.
Underlayment: Quality and Thickness of Functional Layers Are Critical
Tyvek® membranes are proven to resist ageing better than most common multi-layer underlayments. Even after prolonged exposure to UV radiation and heat, Tyvek® underlayment stays watertight and provides superior condensation control.