High Performance Flexible Self-adhesive Flashing Tape
Tyvek® FlexWrap flashing tape works seamlessly with Tyvek® and AirGuard® products to help you create continuous airtight and watertight seals.
For all those tricky jobs, Tyvek® FlexWrap tape will keep leaks and gaps at bay. Ideal for both internal and external use, this “magic” tape makes light work of sealing windows, chimney breasts, pipe penetrations and other custom shapes, ensuring air-tight and water-tight protection when you need it most.
Short on time? Not a problem. The Tyvek® FlexWrap tapes get the job done 50% faster than standard tapes and seals, and require no additional fixings. The durable Tyvek® top sheet will adapt itself to structural movements.
Tyvek® FlexWrap is compatible with a huge choice of building materials and will adapt to common and uncommon shapes from windows to chimney breasts, creating a water-tight and air-tight seal that will withstand the elements.
Key Benefits of Tyvek® FlexWrap
Superior protection /air and watertight seals
- Helps seal the building envelope
- Creates more airtight seals compared to standard tapes used on irregular shapes/penetrations
- Packaged in ready-to-use rolls
- No requirement for additional fixings
- Approx. 50% quicker to fit compared to standard tapes and seals
- Extendable tape constructed with a durable Tyvek® top-sheet, a premium butyl adhesive layer, and a specially designed split release liner
- Allows for structural movements
- UV resistant
Excellent adhesion performance
- Ensures continuity, compatibility and integrity with all Tyvek® breather membranes, AirGuard® AVCLs and other membranes at penetrations
- 100% butyl adhesive performs over a wide temperature
|KEy Properties||Tyvek® FLexWrap NF||Tyvek® FlexWrap EZ|
|Colour||white (black adhesive)||white (black adhesive)|
|Rolls per box||1||3|
|Elongation||ca. 160 % (2,6 x of the original lenght)||ca.160 % (2,6 x of the original lenght)|
|Installation temperature||> 0 °C||> 0 °C|
|UV resistance||4 months||4 months|
Installation of Tyvek® FlexWrap tapes:
The surface must be free from dirt, moisture, ice, grease and other materials which could reduce the adhesion. Tyvek® FlexWrap is to be installed when dry and at temperatures above 0 °C. A primer may be used for application temperatures below 0 °C and non-ideal surface conditions.
• Properly position Tyvek® FlexWrap around the surface to seal.
• Minimise wrinkles and bubbles by smoothing the surface and by repositioning as necessary.
• Apply pressure by hand along the entire surface to achieve a good bond to the substrate. (After pressure has been applied repositioning may be difficult.)
• After completion of the installation Tyvek® FlexWrap has to be covered within 4 months with the appropriate building materials.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Timber Frame Construction
- Warm Pitched Roof Construction
- Cold Pitched Roof Construction
- Internal Airtightness
- Protection for Wall Constructions
- Rainscreen Cladding Systems
- Metal Roofing Solutions
- Protection for High-Rises
Airtight Suspended Timber Floors
DuPont™ Tyvek® membranes are windtight and vapour-open, to control airflow and manage moisture effectively in suspended timber floor constructions.
- Renovation above rafter insulation
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Find here all the technical information about DuPont™ Tyvek® & DuPont™ AirGuard®.
- Free CPD Seminars
- Building In Energy Efficiency
- Tyvek® offers unrestricted application when tested in accordance with BS5534:2014
- Tyvek® is compliant to New BS5534 Annex A
Tape Selection Guide
Find the right Tyvek® or DuPont™ FlexWrap tape with our Tape Applications Selection Guide.
CE Compliant Membranes
All DuPont breather membranes, including Tyvek® and AirGuard®, are fully CE compliant, and carry the CE marking required throughout Europe.
- The Tyvek® Evolution Story