Enhance Open Rainscreen Cladding With a Durable Membrane
DuPont™ Tyvek® UV Facade is specifically designed for long-term UV and moisture protection in open and ventilated rainscreen cladding systems.
Facades with open rainscreen cladding offer new design options, but the insulation and structure still require effective, lifelong protection from the harmful effects of the elements – including moisture, heat and UV radiation.
DuPontTM Tyvek® UV Facade is the next generation in lightweight advanced protective membranes. Its proven track record of exceptional moisture management, high vapour permeability and durability makes it the superior protection solution for rainscreen cladding. Tyvek® UV Facade is water resistant, vapour-permeable and windtight, and designed for long-term performance, coming with a 10-year product warranty from DuPont for joint widths of up to 3cm.
Key Benefits of DuPontTM Tyvek® UV Facade
- Exceptional moisture management properties
- Optimum UV, wind and moisture protection, during and after construction
- Can be left uncovered for up to four months without affecting performance and warranty
- Enhances the airtightness of constructions
- Lightweight, flexible and easy to install
- Retains full performance when exposed to high UV and heat levels
- Guaranteed long-term performance
Key Properties of DuPontTM Tyvek® UV Facade
- Style Name: 2524B
- Composition: Composite high density polyethylene and polypropylene
- Roll size: 1.5m x 50m, 3.0m x 50m
- Roll weight: 15kg, 30kg
- Mass per unit area: 195g/m2
- Product/functional layer thickness: 600/220µm
- Water vapour transmission (Sd): 0.035mm
- CE marking for facades with open joints: Yes
- Full UV exposure as standard underlay: 6 months
- Full UV exposure for walls with open joints before insulation of facade elements: 4 months
- BRE certificate: No 155/10
- BBA certificate: 90/2548
Tyvek® UV Facade is a protective membrane for open-jointed cladding systems and carries the CE marking, certifying full conformity with the European Union’s rigorous construction products directive. To obtain the CE marking for open cladding use, the membrane has to resist an artiﬁcial aging by permanent UV radiation of 5000 hours (for a standard wall/roof application it is 336 hours).
Tyvek® membranes are proven to resist ageing better than most common multi-layer underlayments. Even after prolonged exposure to UV radiation and heat, Tyvek® underlayment stays watertight and provides superior condensation control.
- Imaginative use of building technology creates a compact yet Grand Design
- Innovative concept of passive house protected by Tyvek® UV Facade
- Aiming High with a Grand Design: DuPont™ Tyvek® and AirGuard® ensure great results for the UK’s first Passive Treehouse
- Energy-efficiency and reliable protection at Ben Wyvis Primary school
- DuPont™ Tyvek® protects the chemical laboratories of a University in Como, Italy
- Ingenious new Emergency Shelter System for humanitarian crises
- USE Architects has transformed Mentmore Terrace in London’s Hackney
- Tyvek® UV Facade specified for the Malmaison Hotel, Aberdeen
- Tyvek® is an airtight investment for high-spec Eco Lodges
- The Brighton Waste House is now open
- Tyvek® advanced building membrane is fit for purpose at new Sports Hall
- Norwegian winter sports hotel provides rigorous test of the protective properties of Tyvek® UV Facade
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Find here all the technical information about DuPont™ Tyvek® & DuPont™ AirGuard®.
- Free CPD Seminars
- Building In Energy Efficiency
- Tyvek® UV Facade, now with both BBA and CE marking, is the advanced choice for open-jointed design
Tape Selection Guide
Find the right Tyvek® or DuPont™ FlexWrap tape with our Tape Applications Selection Guide.
CE Compliant Membranes
All DuPont breather membranes, including Tyvek® and AirGuard®, are fully CE compliant, and carry the CE marking required throughout Europe.
- The Tyvek® Evolution Story