Protect Your Investment With a Water Resistant Membrane
Tyvek® Supro is the market-leading breather membrane, helping to protect roofs against wind and water, and also improve energy efficiency.
Tyvek® Supro is a durable, water resistant membrane that is reinforced with a laminated polypropylene nonwoven. This airtight, vapour-permeable membrane is extremely water-resistant, and can be used for all supported and unsupported pitched roofs.
Tyvek® Supro does not need any soffit, tile or ridge ventilation, which can save time and money in the construction process. In addition to warm, hybrid and cold roofs, applications include Scottish sarking board systems, low-pitched metal roofs, and wall and floor applications.
Tyvek® Supro Plus
Tyvek® Supro Plus offers the same benefits, plus an integral adhesive lap tape designed for use in the Tyvek® sealed roof system. Sealing all horizontal laps contributes to the system’s thermal efficiency by reducing air infiltration.
Temperature and UV-Resistant
Tyvek® Supro and Tyvek® Supro Plus water resistant membrane products are designed to withstand prolonged UV radiation and high temperatures, and come with full BBA and IAB approval for use in all pitched roof constructions.
Key Benefits of DuPontTM Tyvek® Supro / Supro Plus
- Extremely water-resistant
- Offers superior air and moisture management for commercial and residential buildings
- Durable resistance to prolonged UV radiation and high temperatures
Key Properties of DuPontTM Tyvek® Supro / Supro Plus
- Style name: 2507B
- Composition: Composite of high density polyethylene, polypropylene
- Roll size: 1.5m x 50m
- Roll weight: 12kg
- Mass per unit area: 145g/m2
- UV exposure: 4 months
- Product / functional layer thickness: 450 / 175µm
- Water vapour transmission (Sd): 0.20m
- BBA certificate: 08/4548
- CE Marking: Yes
- IAB certificate: 04/0157
Condensation Risk Analysis
- Lethame House aims high with DuPont membranes
- Restoration of a architectural and cultural gem: St. Germanus church
- Tyvek® adds to the architectural wisdom of the new Liverpool Central Library
- Tyvek® helps restore the glory of historic St. Augustine’s
- Energy-efficiency and reliable protection at Ben Wyvis Primary school
- Tyvek® is trusted to meet a heavenly challenge
- Enhanced energy-efficiency of a major new riverside housing development
- Long-lasting protection and indoor comfort to eye-catching “Les Thermes” sports and leisure centre
- Tyvek® advanced building membrane is fit for purpose at new Sports Hall
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Warm Pitched Roof Construction
- Cold Pitched Roof Construction
- Timber Frame Construction
- Metal Roofing Solutions
Airtight Suspended Timber Floors
DuPont™ Tyvek® membranes are windtight and vapour-open, to control airflow and manage moisture effectively in suspended timber floor constructions.
- Renovation above rafter insulation
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- What Makes a Tyvek® Watertight Breather Membrane Unique?
Underlayment: Quality and Thickness of Functional Layers Are Critical
Tyvek® membranes are proven to resist ageing better than most common multi-layer underlayments. Even after prolonged exposure to UV radiation and heat, Tyvek® underlayment stays watertight and provides superior condensation control.
- An Alternative to Multi-Layer Breathable Roofing Felt
- An Alternative to Roof Ventilation
- The Tyvek® Evolution Story
- Building In Energy Efficiency
- Tests: ventilated versus non- ventilated cold pitched roofs
Tape selection guide
Find the right Tyvek® and AirGuard® tapes and adhesive accessories for your application with our selection guide.
CE Compliant Membranes
All DuPont breather membranes, including Tyvek® and AirGuard®, are fully CE compliant, and carry the CE marking required throughout Europe.
- Free CPD Seminars
- Effective Cellulose Insulation
- Tyvek® is compliant to New BS5534 Annex A