Protection Against Structural Damage with Variable Vapour Resistance
Tyvek® AirGuard® Smart prevents structure damage and loss of insulation efficiency by smartly adapting to various moisture conditions and regulating the humidity in building elements.
Mould damage because of trapped moisture (left) - healthy construction (right)
Tyvek® AirGuard® Smart adapts:
• to allow faster evacuation of moisture build up in new constructions
• to avoid humidity infiltration from the living space into the construction elements during winter
• to allow moisture trapped in the structure to escape into the inside
Reduced drying out time.
Drying out by moisture migrating back into the building
|Renovations from the exterior||Allows continuous installation of AVCL from the outside without risking condensation to the upper side of rafters|
|Flat and pitched roofs with HR (High Resistance) underlay||
Only an adaptive AVCL allows drying out in this type of
|Use a standard AVCL *|
Why Tyvek® AirGuard® Smart?
• Reduced drying out time
• Durability, health and longevity of buildings
• Greater energy efficiency
• Additional drying capacity for unplanned humidity infiltration
• Enhanced interior comfort
• Trusted Tyvek® brand: robustness and durability
• Part of the Tyvek® system
Variable sd AVCL: the broader the range, the more efficient the humidity control
Material Tyvek® with polymeric coating
Watertightness acc. to EN13859-1 based on 1928 (A) W1
Roll size 1.50 m x 50 m / 7 kg
Reaction to fire E
Mass per unit area 92 g/m2
Water vapour resistance range 1 MNs/g for humid environment (sd 0.2m) to more than 175 MNs/g for dry
environment (more than sd 35m)
Temperature resistance from -40 °C to +80 °C
Maximum tensile force (MD/XD) 380/380 N/50 mm
Resistance to tearing (MD/XD) 70/65 N
Air permeability (ISO 5636/5) 2000 s
CE marking: Yes
Choosing the right air and vapour control layer for a building project is critical to ensure full functionality of the insulation and its optimum performance, thus resulting in greater energy efficiency and more comfortable internal climate.
DuPont™ Tyvek® solutions can significantly improve home energy efficiency. The combination of low-emissivity, vapour-open Tyvek® Reflex and AirGuard® Reflective is particularly effective.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Warm Pitched Roof Construction
- Cold Pitched Roof Construction
- Internal Airtightness
- Timber Frame Construction
- Metal Roofing Solutions
- Protection for Wall Constructions
- Rainscreen Cladding Systems
- Protection for High-Rises
Airtight Suspended Timber Floors
DuPont™ Tyvek® membranes are windtight and vapour-open, to control airflow and manage moisture effectively in suspended timber floor constructions.
- Renovation above rafter insulation
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Find here all the technical information about DuPont™ Tyvek® & DuPont™ AirGuard®.
- Air and vapour control layer (AVCL) product selector
- Free CPD Seminars
- Building In Energy Efficiency
- Tyvek® offers unrestricted application when tested in accordance with BS5534:2014
- Tyvek® is compliant to New BS5534 Annex A
CE Compliant Membranes
All DuPont breather membranes, including Tyvek® and AirGuard®, are fully CE compliant, and carry the CE marking required throughout Europe.
- An Alternative to Roof Ventilation
- The Tyvek® Evolution Story
- Tests: ventilated versus non- ventilated cold pitched roofs
- Effective Cellulose Insulation
- How to - Selecting the right vapour control and vapour barrier sealing tape for the job