Reduce Air Leakage with a Durable Vapour Control Barrier
DuPont™ AirGuard® Control is designed to reduce uncontrolled air leakage and minimise convective heat loss in roofs, walls and floors.
A continuous layer of DuPont™ AirGuard® Control reduces air leakage by providing an effective vapour control barrier to control air movement and moisture infiltration around the habitable space of the building.
Key Benefits of DuPontTM AirGuard® Control
Although specifically developed for use as a vapour control barrier, this advanced product also provides other important advantages, including:
- Reduced convective heat losses
- Reduced risk of condensation in the insulation
- Transparency for easier installation of insulation
- Limited vapour transmission
- Airtightness and water resistance
- Superior mechanical strength
- Light weight – making it easy to install
- Reaction to Fire: Class E
- CE-conformity for plastic and rubber vapour control layer (EN 13984)
Key Properties of DuPontTM AirGuard® Control
- Style name: 8327AD
- Composition: DuPont™ Typar® spunbond & Ethylen Butylacrylate Copolymer
- Roll size: 1.5m x 50m
- Roll weight: 8.5kg
- Mass per unit area: 108g/m2
- Water vapour transmission (Sd): 2m
- CE marking: Yes
- BBA certificates: 08/4548 and 90/2548
Installing DuPontTM AirGuard® Control
To avoid the risk of condensation, DuPont™ AirGuard® Control should be fitted on the warm side of a building, together with a diffusion-open Tyvek® underlay on the cold side.
Choosing the right air and vapour control layer for a building project is critical to ensure full functionality of the insulation and its optimum performance, thus resulting in greater energy efficiency and more comfortable internal climate.
DuPont™ Tyvek® solutions can significantly improve home energy efficiency. The combination of low-emissivity, vapour-open Tyvek® Reflex and AirGuard® Reflective is particularly effective.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Warm Pitched Roof Construction
- Cold Pitched Roof Construction
- Internal Airtightness
- Timber Frame Construction
- Metal Roofing Solutions
- Protection for Wall Constructions
- Rainscreen Cladding Systems
- Protection for High-Rises
Airtight Suspended Timber Floors
DuPont™ Tyvek® membranes are windtight and vapour-open, to control airflow and manage moisture effectively in suspended timber floor constructions.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Air and vapour control layer (AVCL) product selector
Find here all the technical information about DuPont™ Tyvek® & DuPont™ AirGuard®.
- Free CPD Seminars
- Building In Energy Efficiency
- Tyvek® offers unrestricted application when tested in accordance with BS5534:2014
- Tyvek® is compliant to New BS5534 Annex A
CE Compliant Membranes
All DuPont breather membranes, including Tyvek® and AirGuard®, are fully CE compliant, and carry the CE marking required throughout Europe.
- An Alternative to Roof Ventilation
- The Tyvek® Evolution Story
- Tests: ventilated versus non- ventilated cold pitched roofs
- Effective Cellulose Insulation
- How to - Selecting the right vapour control and vapour barrier sealing tape for the job