Reduce Air Leakage with a Durable Vapour Control Barrier
DuPont™ AirGuard® Control is designed to reduce uncontrolled air leakage and minimise convective heat loss in roofs, walls and floors.
A continuous layer of DuPont™ AirGuard® Control reduces air leakage by providing an effective vapour control barrier to control air movement and moisture infiltration around the habitable space of the building.
Key Benefits of DuPontTM AirGuard® Control
Although specifically developed for use as a vapour control barrier, this advanced product also provides other important advantages, including:
- Reduced convective heat losses
- Reduced risk of condensation in the insulation
- Transparency for easier installation of insulation
- Limited vapour transmission
- Airtightness and water resistance
- Superior mechanical strength
- Light weight – making it easy to install
- Reaction to Fire: Class E
- CE-conformity for plastic and rubber vapour control layer (EN 13984)
Key Properties of DuPontTM AirGuard® Control
- Style name: 8327AD
- Composition: DuPont™ Typar® spunbond & Ethylen Butylacrylate Copolymer
- Roll size: 1.5m x 50m
- Roll weight: 8.5kg
- Mass per unit area: 108g/m2
- Water vapour transmission (Sd): 2m
- CE marking: Yes
- BBA certificates: 08/4548 and 90/2548
Installing DuPontTM AirGuard® Control
To avoid the risk of condensation, DuPont™ AirGuard® Control should be fitted on the warm side of a building, together with a diffusion-open Tyvek® underlay on the cold side.
Choosing the right air and vapour control layer for a building project is critical to ensure full functionality of the insulation and its optimum performance, thus resulting in greater energy efficiency and more comfortable internal climate.
DuPont™ Tyvek® solutions can significantly improve home energy efficiency. The combination of low-emissivity, vapour-open Tyvek® Reflex and AirGuard® Reflective is particularly effective.
Tyvek® advanced building membrane is fit for purpose at new Sports Hall
The impressive new 1,435 square metres Little Venice Sports Centre, in Paddington, West London was commissioned by Westminster Council to provide the very best in leisure and learning facilities for the community. It was also designed to be as energy-efficient as possible and the specification of advanced materials and systems was core to the project.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Warm Pitched Roof Construction
- Cold Pitched Roof Construction
- Timber Frame Construction
- Internal Airtightness
- Metal Roofing Solutions
- Rainscreen Cladding Systems
- Protection for Wall Constructions
- Protection for High-Rises
Airtight Suspended Timber Floors
DuPont™ Tyvek® membranes are windtight and vapour-open, to control airflow and manage moisture effectively in suspended timber floor constructions.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Free CPD Seminars
Find here all the technical information about DuPont™ Tyvek® & DuPont™ AirGuard®.
- Building In Energy Efficiency
- Tyvek® offers unrestricted application when tested in accordance with BS5534:2014
- Tyvek® is compliant to New BS5534 Annex A
CE Compliant Membranes
All DuPont breather membranes, including Tyvek® and AirGuard®, are fully CE compliant, and carry the CE marking required throughout Europe.
- An Alternative to Roof Ventilation
- The Tyvek® Evolution Story
- Tests: ventilated versus non- ventilated cold pitched roofs
- Effective Cellulose Insulation
- Air and vapour control layer (AVCL) product selector
- How to - Selecting the right vapour control and vapour barrier sealing tape for the job