Vapour Control Layer: Engineered for Condensation Control
AirGuard® air and vapour control layers (AVCLs) are 100% airtight. This helps to reduce convective heat loss and provide effective condensation control for all building types.
An AirGuard® vapour control layer can significantly reduce heat loss and increase energy efficiency. By controlling heat transfer and reflecting heat inside the building, they help keep buildings cool in summer, and warm in winter.
AirGuard® AVCLs offer highly engineered vapour control, to help your project meet sustainable building requirements and achieve environmental goals.
Using AirGuard® AVCLs for internal walls and insulating external walls with Tyvek® breather membranes creates a building envelope that is airtight and vapour-open. Together, they provide a holistic solution for optimum energy efficiency and interior comfort.
And because they are from DuPont, AirGuard® vapour control layers give you guaranteed quality, backed by a 10-year warranty.
Choosing the right air and vapour control layer for a building project is critical to ensure full functionality of the insulation and its optimum performance, thus resulting in greater energy efficiency and more comfortable internal climate.
DuPont™ Tyvek® solutions can significantly improve home energy efficiency. The combination of low-emissivity, vapour-open Tyvek® Reflex and AirGuard® Reflective is particularly effective.
- Energy-efficiency and reliable protection at Ben Wyvis Primary school
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Reflex and DuPont™ AirGuard® achieve impressive results for a new timber frame house build in Ireland
- Tyvek® and AirGuard® tick all the right boxes for a new modular office block development by Extraspace Solutions
- Lethame House aims high with DuPont membranes
- AirGuard® Reflective achieves an air-tight seal of approval at a new Housing Association project in York
- Tyvek® advanced building membrane is fit for purpose at new Sports Hall
- AirGuard® Reflective shined in a starring role at “The Cineroleum”
- DuPont’s holistic approach achieves extraordinary results at BRE
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Warm Pitched Roof Construction
- Cold Pitched Roof Construction
- Timber Frame Construction
- Internal Airtightness
- Metal Roofing Solutions
- Rainscreen Cladding Systems
- Protection for Wall Constructions
Airtight Suspended Timber Floors
DuPont™ Tyvek® membranes are windtight and vapour-open, to control airflow and manage moisture effectively in suspended timber floor constructions.
- Renovation above rafter insulation
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
DuPont™ AirGuard® Reflective is a low emissivity internal vapour barrier that combined with an airgap can enhance thermal comfort by reflecting up to 95% of radiant heat back into the building.
AirGuard® Smart Variable Sd
DuPont™ AirGuard® Smart is a strong and lightweight flexible AVCL that can adapt its performance to changes in humidity levels during and after construction to provide superior airtightness and effective condensation control.
DuPont™ AirGuard® Control is a tough, transparent vapour control barrier that improves airtightness by reducing convective heat loss and air leakage while also minimising the risk of condensation in roof and wall insulation.