DuPont™ Tyvek® and AirGuard® Building Envelope Solutions
As an innovative supplier of proven building envelope solutions, DuPont™ Tyvek® offers a full range of high-performance membranes and accessories to help prevent air and moisture infiltration and improve energy efficiency in all building types.
Used together, Tyvek® breather membranes and AirGuard® air and vapour control Layers (AVCLs) create a durable, holistic building envelope solution. They are designed to meet current sustainable building requirements and are backed by DuPont, the experts for quality materials and sustainable building practices.
Tyvek® breather membranes are UV- and heat-resistant. Their unique single-layer technology is vapour-open, yet watertight; this helps protect against condensation, moisture and air infiltration on roofs and external walls.
AirGuard® air and vapour control layers are engineered to be highly vapour resistant and 100% airtight. This helps to control heat transfer and significantly improve energy efficiency.
Our range of Tyvek® sealing tapes are specifically designed to complement Tyvek® breather membranes and AirGuard® air and vapour control layers, creating a more airtight seal, to give a complete, holistic building envelope solution.
With innovative developments that help protect buildings – and the people inside – better still, DuPont is currently raising the bar once again in the industry. Our new-generation products include metallised membranes for greater thermal comfort and Tyvek® FireCurb® flame-retardant membranes that meet up to Euro Fireclass B (EN 13501-1).
These new products are specially designed to support sustainable building practices, and can play an important role in meeting and exceeding building and energy codes, standards and certifications.
- When building for airtightness is an education: Tyvek® at the John Taylor Free School
- Tyvek® breather membranes top 350 holiday cottages in the Belgian Ardennes
- New Tyvek® e-Guard W1 provides peace of mind on the exposed cliffs at Mevagissey
- Flame retardant breather membrane DuPont™ Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap attracts significant interest at UKCW 2017
- Tyvek® helps master roofer achieve a prestigious international award
- The holistic approach of Tyvek® achieves extraordinary results at BRE
- Aiming High with a Grand Design: DuPont™ Tyvek® and AirGuard® ensure great results for the UK’s first Passive Treehouse
- New Tyvek® StructureGuard™ for optimum frame protection
- Tyvek® Supro at the Jamaica Inn: Reliable resistance for a windswept cultural icon
- New Tyvek® FlexWrap EZ tape helps optimise airtightness and seal awkward areas
- DuPont™ Tyvek® protects the chemical laboratories of a University in Como, Italy
- DuPont™ Tyvek® is cast as a reliable performer in Poldark country
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- How to – Vapour control and vapour barrier installation
- How to - Install vapour control and vapour barrier membrane on down lights and ceiling hatches
- How to - Fixing the vapour barrier and vapour control membrane – timber, concrete and steelwork
- How to - Selecting the right vapour control and vapour barrier sealing tape for the job
- The key to sustainable Inner Strength? It’s no mystery.
Tape selection guide
Find the right Tyvek® and AirGuard® tapes and adhesive accessories for your application with our selection guide.
- The Best of Both Worlds: Advanced Tyvek® AirGuard® Smart offers a clever new way to control both airtightness and moisture
Membrane Selection Guide
Find the right products with the Membrane Selection Guide for DuPont™ Tyvek® and AirGuard™ products.
- Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap gains BBA confirmation of its power to protect
Find here all the technical information about DuPont™ Tyvek® & DuPont™ AirGuard®.
- A New Standard in Flame Retardancy
- Free CPD Seminars
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Internal Airtightness
- Warm Pitched Roof Construction
- Cold Pitched Roof Construction
- Timber Frame Construction
- Protection for High-Rises
- Metal Roofing Solutions
- Protection for Wall Constructions
- Rainscreen Cladding Systems
Airtight Suspended Timber Floors
DuPont™ Tyvek® membranes are windtight and vapour-open, to control airflow and manage moisture effectively in suspended timber floor constructions.
- Renovation above rafter insulation
- An Introduction to Tyvek® Breather Membranes
- See how Tyvek® FireCurb® stops the spread of flames
- DuPont™ Tyvek® roof membrane test
- How to install Tyvek® roofing membranes – hip details
- How to install Tyvek® roofing membranes – overlap
- How to install Tyvek® roofing membranes – ridge details
- How to install Tyvek® roofing membranes – valley details
- How to install Tyvek® roofing membranes in direct contact with insulation
- How to install Tyvek® roofing membranes on a warm roof
- How to install Tyvek® roofing membranes over counter battens in warm roofs
- Wind uplift calculator tutorial