DuPont™ Tyvek® and AirGuard® Building Envelope Systems
As an innovative supplier of proven building envelope systems, DuPont™ Tyvek® offers a full range of high-performance membranes and accessories to help prevent air and moisture infiltration and improve energy efficiency in all building types.
Used together, Tyvek® breather membranes and AirGuard® Air and Vapour Control Layers (AVCLs) create a durable, holistic building envelope solution. They are designed to meet current sustainable building requirements and are backed by DuPont, the experts for quality materials and sustainable building practices.
Tyvek® breather membranes are UV- and heat-resistant. Their unique single-layer technology is vapour-open, yet watertight; this helps protect against condensation, moisture and air infiltration on roofs and external walls.
AirGuard® AVCLs are engineered to be highly vapour resistant and 100% airtight. This helps to control heat transfer and significantly improve energy efficiency.
Our range of Tyvek® sealing tapes are specifically designed to complement Tyvek® breather membranes and AirGuard® AVCLs, creating a more airtight seal, to give a complete, holistic building envelope solution.
With innovative developments that help protect buildings – and the people inside – better still, DuPont is currently raising the bar once again in the industry. Our new-generation products include metallised membranes for greater thermal comfort and Tyvek® FireCurbTM flame-retardant membranes that meet up to Euro Fireclass B (EN 13501-1).
These new products are specially designed to support sustainable building practices, and can play an important role in meeting and exceeding building and energy codes, standards and certifications.
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Reflex and DuPont™ AirGuard® achieve impressive results for a new timber frame house build in Ireland
- Tyvek® and AirGuard® tick all the right boxes for a new modular office block development by Extraspace Solutions
- DuPont™ Tyvek® breathes new life into heritage renovations
- Tyvek® FireCurb™ Housewrap enhances safety at shopping mall in Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
- Tyvek® Reflex protects new build apartments in Torquay against coastal weather conditions
- DuPont™ Tyvek® is cast as a reliable performer in Poldark country
- An open-jointed cedar facade by Point1 Building Systems
- DuPont™ Tyvek® FireCurb™ contributes to safety at the new Museum of Fire in Poland
- DuPont™ Tyvek® protects the chemical laboratories of a University in Como, Italy
- The WikiHouse 4.0 project by The Building Centre, Arup and 00 design
- Tyvek® adds to the architectural wisdom of the new Liverpool Central Library
- Tyvek® FireCurb™ contributes to safety, protection and sustainability of Crumlin Children’s Hospital
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Find here all the technical information about DuPont™ Tyvek® & DuPont™ AirGuard®.
- Tyvek® is compliant to New BS5534 Annex A
- Tyvek® offers unrestricted application when tested in accordance with BS5534:2014
- Tyvek® UV Facade, now with both BBA and CE marking, is the advanced choice for open-jointed design
- Building Sustainable Homes
Give Home Energy Efficiency a Boost
DuPont™ Tyvek® solutions can significantly improve home energy efficiency. The combination of low-emissivity, vapour-open Tyvek® Enercor® Roof, Reflex and AirGuard® Reflective is particularly effective.
- An Alternative to Multi-Layer Breathable Roofing Felt
- Free CPD Seminars
- Tyvek® FireCurb™ Housewrap gains BBA confirmation of its power to protect
Vapour Control Membrane Protection
An effective air and vapour control layer (AVCL) offers key internal building protection, helping to manage moisture and the indoor climate. DuPont™ AirGuard® AVCLs are the optimal solution.
- How to - Selecting the right vapour control and vapour barrier sealing tape for the job
- How to - Install vapour control and vapour barrier membrane on down lights and ceiling hatches
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Warm Pitched Roof Construction
- Cold Pitched Roof Construction
- Timber Frame Construction
- Internal Airtightness
- Rainscreen Cladding Systems
- Protection for Wall Constructions
- Protection for High-Rises
- Metal Roofing Solutions
Airtight Suspended Timber Floors
DuPont™ Tyvek® membranes are windtight and vapour-open, to control airflow and manage moisture effectively in suspended timber floor constructions.
- Renovation above rafter insulation