DuPont™ Tyvek® and AirGuard® Building Envelope Solutions
As an innovative supplier of proven building envelope solutions, DuPont™ Tyvek® offers a full range of high-performance membranes and accessories to help prevent air and moisture infiltration and improve energy efficiency in all building types.
Used together, Tyvek® breather membranes and AirGuard® air and vapour control Layers (AVCLs) create a durable, holistic building envelope solution. They are designed to meet current sustainable building requirements and are backed by DuPont, the experts for quality materials and sustainable building practices.
Tyvek® breather membranes are UV- and heat-resistant. Their unique single-layer technology is vapour-open, yet watertight; this helps protect against condensation, moisture and air infiltration on roofs and external walls.
AirGuard® air and vapour control layers are engineered to be highly vapour resistant and 100% airtight. This helps to control heat transfer and significantly improve energy efficiency.
Our range of Tyvek® sealing tapes are specifically designed to complement Tyvek® breather membranes and AirGuard® air and vapour control layers, creating a more airtight seal, to give a complete, holistic building envelope solution.
With innovative developments that help protect buildings – and the people inside – better still, DuPont is currently raising the bar once again in the industry. Our new-generation products include metallised membranes for greater thermal comfort and Tyvek® FireCurb® flame-retardant membranes that meet up to Euro Fireclass B (EN 13501-1).
These new products are specially designed to support sustainable building practices, and can play an important role in meeting and exceeding building and energy codes, standards and certifications.
- Tyvek® Breather Membrane Solutions
- Tyvek® Sealing Tape
- AirGuard®: Vapour Control Layer Solutions
Webinar: Design Air-tight, Condensation Free Buildings
With the trend towards greater energy efficiency in buildings, as driven by Building Regulations, air tightness plays a vital role in meeting these standards. While in the past little or no attention was paid to airtightness, in recent years it has come become clear how much air tightness can contribute to the energy balance of a building.
- When building for airtightness is an education: Tyvek® at the John Taylor Free School
- Tyvek® breather membranes top 350 holiday cottages in the Belgian Ardennes
- New Tyvek® e-Guard W1 provides peace of mind on the exposed cliffs at Mevagissey
- Flame retardant breather membrane DuPont™ Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap attracts significant interest at UKCW 2017
- Tyvek® helps master roofer achieve a prestigious international award
- The holistic approach of Tyvek® achieves extraordinary results at BRE
- Aiming High with a Grand Design: DuPont™ Tyvek® and AirGuard® ensure great results for the UK’s first Passive Treehouse
- New Tyvek® StructureGuard™ for optimum frame protection
- Tyvek® Supro at the Jamaica Inn: Reliable resistance for a windswept cultural icon
- New Tyvek® FlexWrap EZ tape helps optimise airtightness and seal awkward areas
- DuPont™ Tyvek® protects the chemical laboratories of a University in Como, Italy
- DuPont™ Tyvek® is cast as a reliable performer in Poldark country
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- The Best of Both Worlds: Advanced Tyvek® AirGuard® Smart offers a clever new way to control both airtightness and moisture
Membrane Selection Guide
Find the right products with the Membrane Selection Guide for DuPont™ Tyvek® and AirGuard™ products.
Tape selection guide
Find the right Tyvek® tape for your application with our tape selection guide.
- Tyvek® FireCurb® Housewrap gains BBA confirmation of its power to protect
Find here all the technical information about DuPont™ Tyvek® & DuPont™ AirGuard®.
- A New Standard in Flame Retardancy
- Free CPD Seminars
- An Alternative to Multi-Layer Breathable Roofing Felt
- Building In Energy Efficiency
Give Home Energy Efficiency a Boost
DuPont™ Tyvek® solutions can significantly improve home energy efficiency. The combination of low-emissivity, vapour-open Tyvek® Reflex and AirGuard® Reflective is particularly effective.
- Tyvek® UV Facade, now with both BBA and CE marking, is the advanced choice for open-jointed design
- Tyvek® offers unrestricted application when tested in accordance with BS5534:2014
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Warm Pitched Roof Construction
- Cold Pitched Roof Construction
- Internal Airtightness
- Timber Frame Construction
- Protection for High-Rises
- Metal Roofing Solutions
- Protection for Wall Constructions
- Rainscreen Cladding Systems
Airtight Suspended Timber Floors
DuPont™ Tyvek® membranes are windtight and vapour-open, to control airflow and manage moisture effectively in suspended timber floor constructions.
- Renovation above rafter insulation