DuPont™ Tyvek® and AirGuard® Building Envelope Systems
As an innovative supplier of proven building envelope systems, DuPont™ Tyvek® offers a full range of high-performance membranes and accessories to help prevent air and moisture infiltration and improve energy efficiency in all building types.
Used together, Tyvek® breather membranes and AirGuard® Air and Vapour Control Layers (AVCLs) create a durable, holistic building envelope solution. They are designed to meet current sustainable building requirements and are backed by DuPont, the experts for quality materials and sustainable building practices.
Tyvek® breather membranes are UV- and heat-resistant. Their unique single-layer technology is vapour-open, yet watertight; this helps protect against condensation, moisture and air infiltration on roofs and external walls.
AirGuard® AVCLs are engineered to be highly vapour resistant and 100% airtight. This helps to control heat transfer and significantly improve energy efficiency.
Our range of Tyvek® sealing tapes are specifically designed to complement Tyvek® breather membranes and AirGuard® AVCLs, creating a more airtight seal, to give a complete, holistic building envelope solution.
With innovative developments that help protect buildings – and the people inside – better still, DuPont is currently raising the bar once again in the industry. Our new-generation products include metallised membranes for greater thermal comfort and Tyvek® FireCurbTM flame-retardant membranes that meet up to Euro Fireclass B (EN 13501-1).
These new products are specially designed to support sustainable building practices, and can play an important role in meeting and exceeding building and energy codes, standards and certifications.
- Tyvek® FireCurb™ Housewrap enhances safety at shopping mall in Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
- Tyvek® Reflex protects new build apartments in Torquay against coastal weather conditions
- DuPont™ Tyvek® is cast as a reliable performer in Poldark country
- An open-jointed cedar facade by Point1 Building Systems
- DuPont™ Tyvek® FireCurb™ contributes to safety at the new Museum of Fire in Poland
- DuPont™ Tyvek® protects the chemical laboratories of a University in Como, Italy
- The WikiHouse 4.0 project by The Building Centre, Arup and 00 design
- Tyvek® adds to the architectural wisdom of the new Liverpool Central Library
- Tyvek® FireCurb™ contributes to safety, protection and sustainability of Crumlin Children’s Hospital
- Tyvek® FireCurb™ key to enhancing safety and sustainability at the new Lerkendal Hotel and Congress Centre
- Tyvek® membranes perform and protect even in the harshest climatic conditions
- Energy-efficiency and reliable protection at Ben Wyvis Primary school
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Find here all the technical information about DuPont™ Tyvek® & DuPont™ AirGuard®.
- Tyvek® is compliant to New BS5534 Annex A
- Tyvek® offers unrestricted application when tested in accordance with BS5534:2014
- Tyvek® UV Facade, now with both BBA and CE marking, is the advanced choice for open-jointed design
- Tyvek® FireCurb™ Housewrap gains BBA confirmation of its power to protect
- Free CPD Seminars
Vapour Control Membrane Protection
An effective air and vapour control layer (AVCL) offers key internal building protection, helping to manage moisture and the indoor climate. DuPont™ AirGuard® AVCLs are the optimal solution.
Give Home Energy Efficiency a Boost
DuPont™ Tyvek® solutions can significantly improve home energy efficiency. The combination of low-emissivity, vapour-open Tyvek® Enercor® Roof, Reflex and AirGuard® Reflective is particularly effective.
- How to - Selecting the right vapour control and vapour barrier sealing tape for the job
- How to - Install vapour control and vapour barrier membrane on down lights and ceiling hatches
- How to - Fixing the vapour barrier and vapour control membrane – timber, concrete and steelwork
- How to – Vapour control and vapour barrier installation
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Timber Frame Construction
- Cold Pitched Roof Construction
- Warm Pitched Roof Construction
- Internal Airtightness
- Rainscreen Cladding Systems
- Protection for Wall Constructions
- Protection for High-Rises
- Metal Roofing Solutions
Airtight Suspended Timber Floors
DuPont™ Tyvek® membranes are windtight and vapour-open, to control airflow and manage moisture effectively in suspended timber floor constructions.
- Renovation above rafter insulation