Healthcare design’s first priority is to prevent infection. The surfaces you specify play a critical role in helping you create safer healthcare environments.
The nonporous certified hygienic properties of DuPont™ Corian® solid surface material can help healthcare architects and designers create spaces that, with proper cleaning, fit the needs of their installations.
Meets and exceeds healthcare design standards
DuPont™ Corian® solid surface meets the high expectations of the most demanding healthcare design environments. With unlimited potential for surfaces in public spaces, operating room walls, scrub rooms, showers basins and baseboards, Corian® is:
- Easy to clean and maintain. When properly cleaned, Corian® does not support the growth of mould and mildew.
- LGA certified for hygienic properties (stability against bacteria and fungi according to European standard DIN EN ISO 846).
- A nonporous surface with a smooth, seamless appearance.
- Extremely durable and long-lasting, standing up to hard knocks in high-traffic environments that can easily damage other surfaces, such as drywall and laminate.
- Easily renewed and repaired.
- Flexible and versatile.
- GREENGUARD Certified® as low VOC-emitting material
- Stain resistant
- Slip resistant
- Extensive colour choice available, others on demand
A walk through the hospital
The unique structure of DuPont™ Corian® makes it the ideal choice for the design of healthcare settings.
- Corian® creates an inviting aesthetic for lobby and reception areas.
- Because of its high durability, Corian® helps corridors withstand frequent contact with patient beds, wheelchairs and medical equipment.
- Public cloakrooms benefit from the nonporous surface of Corian® that’s both easy to clean and renew.
- Corian® can be easily shaped and thermoformed to create special cafeteria and food service areas.
- Operating rooms designed with Corian® surfaces resist common stains such as blood, betadine and Gentian’s violet.
- Exterior cladding with Corian® means less maintenance thanks to excellent weather and extreme temperature resistance.
- Using Corian® in patient rooms makes it easy to achieve an aesthetically pleasing design that gives patients confidence in cleanliness and attention to their care.
- The design flexibility of the material makes it easy to create nurses’ stationsthat are organised and functional.
- Corian® comes in many fun and vibrant colours to help stimulate early childhood development in neonatal and paediatric areas.
- The certified hygienic properties of Corian® make it ideal for testing areas and labs.
DUPONT PRODUCT & SERVICE OFFERINGS
Corian Quality Network Industrial Partners
Industrial Partners are companies that are specialised in the fabrication of Corian® and can get the best from the material using a range of technologies.
- DuPont™ Corian® in Yacht Building
- Art, poetry and local storytelling at a new NHS hospital in Glasgow
- DuPont Building Innovations joins the Power Matters Alliance
- Favero Health Projects
- The new Vital Álvarez-Buylla Hospital in Mieres by the Verónica Durán Sela Architecture Studio
- FrieslandCampina’s new Innovation Centre, Netherlands, by Fokkema & Partners
- Angie Fowler Cancer Institute
- The Lion’s Den Interactive Playroom
- Surgery Clinic in Taiwan
- Hospital Walls at Bozeman Deaconess Hospital
- Edward Hospital Operating Room Design
- The Iconic Art Deco Midland Hotel
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Find here the documentation about Corian®
- Corian® Quality Network Testimonial Thierry Delles
Corian® Quality Network Testimonial Leo Röthlin
Discover the Corian® Quality Network from the perspective of our partners.
- Corian® Quality Network Testimonial Roberto Belli