Get rid of invasive weeds such as japanese knotweed
With its performance enhanced intrinsic strength, DuPont ™ Plantex® Platinium is resistant to the most aggressive weeds, whether it’s uncovered or not. From Japanese knotweed, couch grass, reed, giant reed, giant hogweed, marestail, horsetail, bamboo or himalayan balsam, Plantex® Platinium will deliver the resistance required.
Proven performance against invasive weeds:
Following numerous test by DuPont’s R&D team over several years in natural environments, no perforation or regrowth has been observed.
Unique intervention for immediate results:
Once installed on an area contaminated by invasive plants, Plantex® Platinium does not require any maintenance for several years, unlike periodic chemical solutions or regular site mowing work.
Long-term protection of investment in solar energy
Because of its resistance to degradation by sunlight Plantex® Platinium prevents any kind of vegetation from growing and shadowing on the solar collectors. The solar plant equipment maintenance is considerably reduced and solar energy can be exploited to its maximum.
An answer to the requirements of the EU regulation and UK HSE
As part of these regulations, pesticides will most probably soon be completely banned. Plantex® Platinium fits today as an economical, ecological and aesthetic solution for the protection of sensitive areas.
Respects the natural balance of the soil
While providing an effective barrier against invasive plants, Plantex® Platinium still remains permeable to air and water.This permeability ensures respect for the natural balance of the soil by maintaining its biodiversity.
Easy and fast installation
Plantex® Platinium is available in widths of 1m, 2m and even 5m. The broad width is especially important when covering large areas as it requires fewer joints and joints often constitute the weak points of a containment solution.
A complete solution from DuPont
Experts know how difficult it is to eradicate Japanese knotweed. This is why DuPont has gathered its best products and expertise to provide a complete solution against the nuisance of invasive plants: Plantex® Platinium for control of the plant above ground, Plantex® RootBarrier to confine the root and rhyzomic system, a detailed installation guide and a system to perfectly join adjacent runs impenetrable to roots. Only by combining all these products and guidelines can invasive plants be combated effectively.
Advantages of Plantex® Platinium
• Very strong tear resistance, even cuts that are introduced intentionally will not propagate to a larger tear (contrary to plastic film). Strong resistance to damage particularly during installation.
• Excellent water permeability that helps to maintain a healthy microbiological life balance in the soil. This also prevents a differential hydrostatic pressure buildup, as occurs with a closed membrane system.
• Water vapour and air permeability prevent condensation under the fabric. Trapped moisture will be able to evaporate naturally and will reduce the soil temperature (less greenhouse effect). The microorganisms and biological soil environment will not be altered by the covering.
• Dark green colour that blends into the natural environment.
• High integral strength of Plantex® Platinium ensures the fabric strands and filaments will not fray or be displaced.
Proper use of DuPont™ Plantex® Platinium nonwoven fabric requires following installation recommendations. It may be installed horizontally either on flat land or on sloped embankments, in which case additional considerations may be required. This guide mainly describes the installation of Plantex® Platinium and does not claim to describe all precautions and rules necessary for the management of knotweed and other invasive species.
Avoid any contact with herbicides or pesticides.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
How to install Plantex® Platinium
See how to install Plantex® Platinium, a new nonwoven weed control barrier specially developed to fight invasive plants such as Japanese knotweed, giant hogweed, marestail, horsetail or reed.