Landscaping Steep Slopes
DuPont™ Plantex® Cocomat combines the technical advantages of Plantex® weed control fabric with the aesthetics of natural coconut fibres.
Erosion and weed control in a single fabric: Plantex® Cocomat prevents the growth of weeds, keeps moisture in the soil and allows the soil to breathe. It offers the ideal solution for steep slopes. Unlike mulch the natural coconut fibres cannot be washed away by heavy rain as they are firmly bound to the Plantex® weed fabric.
Plantex® Cocomat can be used in orchards and ornamental gardens as well as in vegetable gardens.
Fruits and vegetables growing close to the ground, such as strawberries, courgettes, tomatoes, pumpkins, do not come into contact with either the ground or the often used mulching films.
Plantex® Cocomat lasts for several years.
- Slope greening
- Boulders on the rock embankments
- Shore areas of water basins, storage ponds, sewage basins, lakes, etc.
- Traffic infrastructures
- Fruit and vegetable growing, prevents contact to ground
- Landfill sites
- Immediate protection against wind / water erosion and weed control in a single fabric
- Natural look of the product
- Long lasting
- Cannot be washed away by heavy rain when used on steep slopes
- Prevents vegetables from contact with the ground and drying out of the soil
- Water, air and nutrient permeable
Standard roll sizes:
Plantex® Cocomat is available in 4 standard roll sizes
- 1.2 m x 22.5 m
- 2.4 m x 22.5 m